Meet the Challenges of Assessment and Assurance of Learning
Comp-XM assesses students by measuring their capacity to apply what they have learned in their coursework.
What is Comp-XM?
A simulation-based competency exam, Comp-XM® goes beyond reporting the recall of acquired knowledge. Comp-XM can be used as a final exam, for curriculum development and program assessment, and to provide data for accreditation with organizations such as AACSB, ACBSP, IACBE and others. It provides a clear picture of how effectively students can use their business acumen to actively manage a business in an evolving, competitive environment. Easy-to-read reports provide extensive data that can be used for assessment, assurance of learning, and to support accreditation processes.
Relevant and Secure
On an ongoing basis, subject matter experts rigorously assess all questions posed by Comp-XM's simulated board of directors. That process ensures the topics covered in the simulation closely relate to contemporary curricula used by business schools around the world.
Using an extensive bank of equivalent questions, every exam is unique because each question is randomized. And since the questions are based on specific responses from each student's own simulation, there is no opportunity to share answers.
Clear and Comprehensive Reports
Data ranging from individual performance evaluations to course-based Assurance of Learning outcomes are presented in easy-to-understand reports:
- Functional Area Report - Course-level summaries drill down to individual student performance.
- Assurance of Learning Report - Data from the exam are collected for accreditation audits and program assessments.
- Class Standings Report - Individual questions are analyzed to pinpoint where students excelled or struggled compared to their peer groups.
- Comparative Scores Report - Information shows how well students understand business concepts relative to their peers.
Bridging the 'Knowing-Doing' Gap
- better understand their strengths and weaknesses
- have the data to show they are prepared for a career in business
- can utilize Comp-XM as a final exam and simplify end-of-course grading
- can clearly benchmark performance against learning goals to demonstrate Assurance of Learning
- identify areas for curriculum improvement
- can utilize the Comp-XM results for Assurance of Learning
- have standardized data to support accreditation processes