Easily Assess Key Ethical Decision-Making Skills
CapsimInbox: Ethical Decision-Making is a 60-minute simulation-based assessment that measures key ethical decision-making skills and provides tailored developmental feedback to improve them.Request a Demo
Real-world Ethical Situations
Participants experience a day in the life of a manager as they respond to four ethical situations commonly encountered in business settings via emails and instant messages.
- Conflict of Interest - Situations where the objectivity of one's judgment is compromised or appears to others to be compromised.
- Right and Responsibilities - Situations that involve ensuring individual rights to equal opportunity, dignity, and freedom from harassment or disrespect.
- Information and Confidentiality - Situations that involve obligations to protect the privacy of information and those who provide it.
- Use of Resources - Situations that require acting responsibly with company resources such as money, property, and reputation.
Assess & Develop Key Ethical Decision-Making Skills
CapsimInbox assesses the following ethical decision-making skills proficiencies:
- Recognizing Issues – How well one perceives, detects, and defines the hallmarks of an ethical dilemma or problem.
- Investigating Facts – How effectively one gathers, explores, and examines all relevant facts and information about a situation or problem.
- Identifying Stakeholders – How well one identifies primary individuals or groups likely to be affected by a decision, and determines central obligations to each.
- Generating Solutions – How effectively one expands solution sets to include several alternatives and uses decision techniques to promote the quantity of ethical alternatives.
- Evaluating Consequences – How well one examines the likely outcomes of alternatives against ethical criteria (equity, equality, need), and the feasibility and risk of each alternative.
Build Accurate Self Awareness
A feedback report is generated so that participants can obtain a clear picture of their current levels of soft skills proficiency, as well as identify areas in continued need for improvement. The feedback report discloses several scores including:
- Overall Performance – percentile score compared to the population.
- Developmental Index – describes general skill proficiency.
- Self-Awareness Score – reflects the accuracy of the self-assessment.
- Individual Skill Scores – percentile scores for performance on stimuli relating to the five soft skills.
- Developmental Tactics – evidence-based recommendations for skill improvement.
Develop a Plan for Success
Participants are also given the opportunity to complete a self-guided process that creates an individual development plan by incorporating tactics with the creation of SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-bound).